Planning For Your Procedure
Make sure that you have a ride and a driver to stay during your visit. An adult will have to drive you home – you should not drive for at least 12 hours after you receive sedation.
Make sure that you have all the bowel preparations and clear liquids ready.
You will need to buy the Gavilyte-N, PEG 3500 or Golyetly bowel prep kit.
This prescription has been sent electronically to your pharmacy
3 Days Before Your Procedure
Stop iron, fish oil, vitamin E and all NSAIDs (Ibuprofen, Motrin, Advil, Aleve). Do NOT stop daily aspirin unless instructed. Check with your doctor if you take specific “blood thinning” medication.
The Day Before Your Procedure
PLEASE DO NOT FOLLOW DIRECTIONS ON THE BOX
Start your bowel preparation on this day. Breakfast, Lunch, and Dinner- you can ONLY
have clear liquids, and as much as you want for this ENTIRE DAY
Clear liquids are: Water, Tea, Black Coffee, Apple, White Grape, Cranberry Juice, Bouillon, Gatorade, Jello (no red), and Soda. (NO solid foods, dairy or juices with pulp).
Taking Your Bowel Prep
In the morning fill the plastic bottle with lukewarm water up to the fill line. Shake the bottle to mix and put it in the refrigerator for later.
– take the laxative pill attached.
– start drinking your liquid laxative.
Drink 1 eight ounce glass every 15 minutes until gone. You should stay near a bathroom.
Take all other medications unless otherwise directed with clear liquids.
DIABETICS: Your clear liquids do NOT have to be sugar-free items. Test your blood sugars at lunch, dinner, bedtime, and as needed. DO NOT take your diabetic pills this evening.
PLEASE DO NOT EAT OR DRINK ANYTHING UNTIL AFTER YOUR VISIT ON THE DAY OF YOUR PROCEDURE
The day of your procedure
- Please take only blood pressure, breathing, seizure, & thyroid medications this morning, and only with small sips of water.
- Bring your Inhalers (puffers) with you to the procedure.
DIABETICS: DO NOT take your diabetic pills this morning, but please DO test your blood sugar.
Please arrive 5112 West Taft Rd., Suite E. Check with your doctor for the time you should arrive
- Parking for patients is located on the North Medical Center side of our building.
- Drivers need to stay in the waiting area until you are ready to go home.
- You will need to bring photo ID, insurance cards, and list of your medications.
- Please leave all valuables at home.
Please feel free to call us a (315) 410-7400 with any question or concerns