MoviPrep Bowel Preparation
Planning For Your Procedure
You will be instructed on when to arrive for your procedure. Make sure that you have a driver to stay during your visit. An adult will have to drive you home. You should not drive for at least 12 hours after you receive sedation.
Make sure that you have all the bowel preparations and clear liquids ready.
You will need to buy the MoviPrep bowel prep kit.
3 Days Before Your Procedure
Stop iron, fish oil, vitamin E and all NSAIDs (Ibuprofen, Motrin, Advil, Aleve). Do NOT stop daily aspirin unless instructed. Check with your doctor if you take specific “blood thinning” medication.
The Day Before Your Procedure
Start your bowel preparation on this day. Breakfast, Lunch, and Dinner — you can ONLY have clear liquids, and as much as you want for this ENTIRE DAY. NO SOLID FOODS FOR THIS ENTIRE DAY
Clear liquids are: Water, Tea, Black Coffee (or with non-dairy creamer), Apple, White Grape, Cranberry Juice, Bouillon, Sherbet, Jello (no red), and Soda. (NO solid foods, dairy or other juices).
Taking Your Bowel Prep
At 5 pm start drinking your MoviPrep.
- Empty one pouch A and one pouch B into the disposable container.
- Add lukewarm drinking water to the top fill line of the container and mix to dissolve.
- Every 15 to 30 minutes drink 8 oz of the prep– one line marking– until all 32 oz MoviPrep is gone.
- Repeat these directions for another 32 oz of MoviPrep for you to finish drinking.
- Please continue to drink clear liquids after finishing all of your MoviPrep.
Try to drink all the prep to make a clean colon. You should stay near a bathroom.
Take all other medications unless otherwise directed with clear liquids.
DIABETICS: Your clear liquids do NOT have to be sugar-free items. Test your blood sugars at lunch, dinner, bedtime, and as needed.
DO NOT take your diabetic pills this evening.
PLEASE DO NOT EAT OR DRINK ANYTHING UNTIL AFTER YOUR VISIT ON THE DAY OF YOUR PROCEDURE
The day of your procedure
- Please take only blood pressure, breathing, seizure, & thyroid medications this morning, and only with small sips of water.
- Bring your Inhalers (puffers) with you to the procedure.
DIABETICS: DO NOT take your diabetic pills this morning, but please DO test your blood sugar.
Please arrive 5112 West Taft Rd., Suite E. Check with your doctor for the time you should arrive
- Parking for patients is located on the North Medical Center side of our building.
- Drivers need to stay in the waiting area until you are ready to go home.
- You will need to bring photo ID, insurance cards, and list of your medications.
- Please leave all valuables at home.
Please feel free to call us a (315) 410-7400 with any question or concerns.