Planning For Your Procedure
Make sure that you have a ride and a driver to stay during your visit. An adult will have to drive you home – you should not drive for at least 12 hours after you receive sedation.
Make sure that you have all the bowel preparations and clear liquids ready.
You will need to buy the Suprep bowel prep kit.
This prescription has been sent electronically to your pharmacy
3 Days Before Your Procedure
Stop iron, fish oil, vitamin E and all NSAIDs (Ibuprofen, Motrin, Advil, Aleve). Do NOT stop daily aspirin unless instructed. Check with your doctor if you take specific “blood thinning” medication.
The Day Before Your Procedure
PLEASE DO NOT FOLLOW DIRECTIONS ON THE BOX
day before your procedure you can ONLY
have clear liquids– Breakfast, Lunch, and Dinner– and as much clear liquids as you want for this full day
Clear liquids are: Water, Tea, Black Coffee, Apple, White Grape, Cranberry Juice, Bouillon, Jello (no red), and Soda. (NO solid foods, dairy or juices with pulp).
The Evening Before your procedure
Pour one bottle of the prep in the enclosed 16 ounce cup. Finish filling the 16 ounce cup with cool water and drink. Drink 2 more 16 ounce glasses of water within the following hour.
– repeat steps above: (Pour 1 bottle of prep in cup – fill with 16oz – follow with two more 16oz glasses of water within the hour).
Take all other medications unless otherwise directed with clear liquids.
DIABETICS: Your clear liquids do NOT have to be sugar-free items. Test your blood sugars at lunch, dinner, bedtime, and as needed. DO NOT take your diabetic pills this evening.
PLEASE DO NOT EAT OR DRINK ANYTHING UNTIL AFTER YOUR VISIT ON THE DAY OF YOUR PROCEDURE
The day of your procedure
- Please take only blood pressure, breathing, seizure, & thyroid medications this morning, and only with small sips of water.
- Bring your Inhalers (puffers) with you to the procedure.
DIABETICS: DO NOT take your diabetic pills this morning, but please DO test your blood sugar.
Please arrive 5112 West Taft Rd., Suite E. Check with your doctor for the time you should arrive
- Parking for patients is located on the North Medical Center side of our building.
- Drivers need to stay in the waiting area until you are ready to go home.
- You will need to bring photo ID, insurance cards, and list of your medications.
- Please leave all valuables at home.